Miles to go before I am done.
OK, so tonight. A whole lot happened. I watched X-men 3. Which, I deem as the worst movie of all time. Unless they do a whole crap load of fixing in X-men 4 and 5. I am going to consider X3 excomunicated from the X-men series. I think they only made two movies of that or something. OK, so enough of that. If you are a huge nerd, you understand, If not, you don't care. Suffice it to say, I am more pissed than after I say Star Wars episode 3. Aka, Star wars, attack of the HUGE TURD SANDWICH!
OK, so tonight, and I guess this morning I argued pluralism for 4 freaking hours. We came to the point where I said, I can absolutely say that gunning random people down in a street is bad. Where my friend said that she cannot say that it is absolutely bad or wrong. That is pretty much where it ends kids, you cannot go much further than that.
It is nights like these that remind me why I have no faith in humanity. X-men and pluralism, ohh what a world. I am glad I have hope in something more.
I am going to bed for like 5 hours. It is now, 4:30! POOOP!!!!!!
OK, so tonight, and I guess this morning I argued pluralism for 4 freaking hours. We came to the point where I said, I can absolutely say that gunning random people down in a street is bad. Where my friend said that she cannot say that it is absolutely bad or wrong. That is pretty much where it ends kids, you cannot go much further than that.
It is nights like these that remind me why I have no faith in humanity. X-men and pluralism, ohh what a world. I am glad I have hope in something more.
I am going to bed for like 5 hours. It is now, 4:30! POOOP!!!!!!

1 Comments:
Your pluralism conversation doesn't really surprise me at all, as shocking as it is. I pretty much used to believe that stuff myself. I am so grateful that God opened my eyes and I'm not a crazy person any longer (well, at least not in that way).
If pluralism, in the way your friend ascribes to, is true, if nothing is really wrong apart from whatever arbitrary rules society chooses to make to keep the people in line, then there can never be any justice. The millions of Jews killed in the holocaust have no recourse, no hope at all. Murdering innocent people was simply what the nazis enjoyed doing for fun, kind of like how I enjoy drinking Mexican beer and going to movies for fun. There is nothing really wrong with the holocaust. If there is no God or anything higher than ourselves to dictate what is really right and wrong, then everything is permissable and there is no hope for any justice, in this world or the next. I can't even being to express the gravity of that statement in a few sentences, but it has enormous implications.
Please, I BEG YOU, read the chapter on the Absurdity of Life without God in William Lane Craig's book Reasonable Faith. The audio of that chapter is posted on my Myspace page under "books" but if you're not an auditory learner you may be better off to read it (and the audio is about 2 hours long).
Also, watch Match Point! Rent it immediately if you can get ahold of the DVD in Vienna. It deals with these issues as well, from an atheistic point of view (which is very close to the pluralism your friend espouses).
By
GraceKathryn, at 10:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home