Confessions of a Temp

Friday, February 10, 2006

This is a Lull, but it will not hurt you.

I think like everyone I have a thousand thoughts a day that I would like to persue more. Not that I believe that they are of any particular depth, or original and such and such. I simply would like to persue them to their natural end, follow them in their peculiar nature and watch and feel as they change into something new. Unfortunatly, this world is full of noise, and jobs, and shiny things that tend to distract. I think that is why Socrates said that working was such a horrible things. He also spoke about the world being in too much of a rush. I think what we live in today would be something close to a nightmare to him.
One of my freinds said he was trying to persue a more quite spirit the other day. I remember the two words, "quite spirit" and I thought. That would be really nice. To be more of a type B personality. To look at the big picture and not freak about stuff......Generaly I am an extreme extrovert, which ususally precludes being more type A. But lately I have been seeing the stresses of life in others faces and it just makes me feel stupid. Why worry about something I cannot fix until tomorrow. And, no...my life will not be over if this does not come through for me. It makes me wish that I could get all of the wisdom and sageness of old age at 21. Can you imagine how nice life would be if you could go through it knowing that in the end you are going to be placed in the earth, and freaking out about your test grade will simply make the time between now and then less enjoyable. Perhaps being more aware of our own mortality would simply sweeten the time we do have.
Sorry I am so morbid. I had to file the deceased medical folders at a cancer center doctors office. It was rough. Some of the people were only a little older than I am.
I am nervous but I want to get out of here. I need movement and action once again. I need to be somewhere and do something. This is a Lull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home